- Why will my iPhone only send texts to other iPhones?
- How can I receive texts from another iPhone?
- How do I unlink my two iphones?
- Can I recover deleted text messages iPhone?
- Why are two iPhones getting the same text messages?
- Why are my messages going to someone else’s phone?
- How do I stop another iPhone from getting my texts?
- What happens if I use the same Apple ID on two devices?
- How do I separate 2 iphones with the same Apple ID?
- Why are my messages not delivering?
- What is the difference between SMS and MMS?
Why will my iPhone only send texts to other iPhones?
If you have an iPhone and another iOS device, like an iPad, your iMessage settings might be set to receive and start messages from your Apple ID instead of your phone number.
You can also set up Text Message Forwarding so you can send and receive MMS and SMS messages on all of your Apple devices..
How can I receive texts from another iPhone?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you’re signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
How do I unlink my two iphones?
Question: Q: how to unlink 2 iPhonesOn one of the phones go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, tap the ID, sign out, then sign back in with a different ID. … On both phones go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and uncheck the email address(es) shown under “You can be reached by iMessage at”.
Can I recover deleted text messages iPhone?
Recover deleted texts from an iCloud backup If you’ve got an iCloud backup of your iPhone from before the time you deleted the texts, you may be able to recover them. … Have a look to see if there’s a sufficiently old iPhone backup to include the deleted text messages. (Tap on the backup to see when it was saved.)
Why are two iPhones getting the same text messages?
Since the 2 iPhones receiving the same message at the same time is caused by using the same Apple I.D on multiple devices, you only need to have a separate AppleID set up in the Messages and FaceTime app to fix this issue. … Create a separate Apple I.D at: https://appleid.apple.com/
Why are my messages going to someone else’s phone?
Mostly because you’re both sign into the same iCloud account. This is a very easy fix. On both devices you must do this so they don’t receive the same messages. Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > uncheck all but your mobile number.
How do I stop another iPhone from getting my texts?
Go to Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding, then click on the devices listed to add or remove them. The process is similar if you want to stop receiving other people’s FaceTime or phone calls. Go to Settings>Phone>Calls on Other Devices.
What happens if I use the same Apple ID on two devices?
If you use all the same information, same Apple ID and don’t use the cloud, you will have all of each other’s information on both phones. The phones will mirror any information synced with Apple ID. You can use your phone number to use FaceTime on the iPhone.
How do I separate 2 iphones with the same Apple ID?
Sign in with a different Apple ID to create your new account. Choose, Merge, to upload your data. Once you are on separate accounts, you can each go to icloud.com and delete the other person’s data from your account.
Why are my messages not delivering?
1. Invalid Numbers. This is the most common reason that text message delivery can fail. If a text message is sent to an invalid number, it won’t be delivered – similar to entering an incorrect email address, you will get a response from your phone carrier informing you that the entered number was invalid.
What is the difference between SMS and MMS?
SMS and MMS are two ways to send what we commonly refer to under the umbrella term as text messages. The most simple way to understand the difference is that SMS refers to text messages, while MMS refers to messages with a picture or video.