- What does it mean when you antagonize someone?
- What is the synonym of belittle?
- What does antagonist mean?
- How can you tell if someone is toxic?
- When someone tries to get a rise out of you?
- How do you deal with an antagonizing person?
- What’s another word for antagonize?
- What is antagonize in medicine?
- What is the meaning of provoke?
- What is the opposite of antagonize?
What does it mean when you antagonize someone?
1 : to incur or provoke the hostility of His criticism antagonized his friends..
What is the synonym of belittle?
1’the opposition belittled the government’s successes’ SYNONYMS. disparage, denigrate, run down, deprecate, depreciate, downgrade, play down, trivialize, minimize, make light of, treat lightly, undervalue, underrate, underestimate.
What does antagonist mean?
noun. a person who is opposed to, struggles against, or competes with another; opponent; adversary. the adversary of the hero or protagonist of a drama or other literary work: Iago is the antagonist of Othello. Physiology. a muscle that acts in opposition to another.
How can you tell if someone is toxic?
7 signs a person is toxicYou’re left feeling emotionally exhausted after an encounter with them. … They try to intimidate you to get their way. … They try control you by guilt tripping. … They are easily jealous. … They constantly see themselves as a victim. … They give backhanded compliments. … They’re overly defensive.
When someone tries to get a rise out of you?
The underlying reason is always to test your strength against another person. A person who will not easily rise to the bait “gets a rise” out of the person trying to needle him/her. However, if the person trying to get a rise succeeds then it shows that the person being needled is relatively weaker.
How do you deal with an antagonizing person?
Mean Spirited and Petty People – How to Deal With Them…Why do they do it? You’ve probably asked yourself several times, why the other person feels the need to antagonize you. … Don’t Get Sucked in to Their Game. Often, the antagonist wants you to blow up and get angry. … Play it Cool. … Let Them Fall Into Their Own Trap. … Remove Them from Your Life. … Seek Help.
What’s another word for antagonize?
Antagonize Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus….What is another word for antagonize?aggravatehasslegallirritateoffendprovokeneedlerilevexnark204 more rows
What is antagonize in medicine?
1. a substance that tends to nullify the action of another, as a drug that binds to a cellular receptor for a hormone, neurotransmitter, or another drug blocking the action of that substance without producing any physiologic effect itself.
What is the meaning of provoke?
transitive verb. 1a : to call forth (a feeling, an action, etc.) : evoke provoke laughter. b : to stir up purposely provoke a fight.
What is the opposite of antagonize?
Opposite of to aggravate (someone), especially to incite reaction. pacify. placate. appease. calm.